Perfect accompaniment for grilled chicken or fish! I use canned corn when corn not at its peak - yum! From the California Pistachio Comission. To adapt for red meats, I delete the dill, change yogurt to sour cream & add 1 teaspoon smoked chipotle powder (love that stuff!).
- 2 lbs red potatoes
- 1 cup frozen peas, defrosted (see note)
- 1 large carrot, pared, sliced (1 cup)
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels (2 ears)
- 1 cup broccoli floret, cut into small pieces
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, sliced
- 1 cup pistachios (natural California)
- 3⁄4 cup yogurt
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- Cook whole potatoes in boiling water about 15 to 20 minutes, or until tender; drain.
- Cool, then slice potatoes 1/4 inch thick.
- Combine potatoes with peas, carrot, corn, broccoli, green onion and pistachios in large bowl.
- Stir yogurt with mayonnaise, dill and pepper; combine with vegetables and toss gently.
- Note: To thaw peas, pour hot water from cooking potatoes over peas in sieve.