Recipe by Mama Tia
Jumbo pasta shells stuffed with veggies! Use low-fat ingredients if you so desire and by all means experiment with veggie ingredients!
- 2 cups chopped fresh broccoli
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups cottage cheese
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
- 8 -10 large pasta shells, cooked
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325 Farenheit.
- In skillet, cook veggies in oil until tender-crisp.
- Stir in flour, then milk; cook and stir until thickened.
- Remove from heat; add cottage cheese, 2 tablespoons parmesan, salt and pepper.
- Stuff shells; place in shallow baking dish.
- Top with remaining parmesan.
- Bake, covered for 25 minutes.