Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 mins
My mint has gone crazy this year so am trying to save some for the winter months, this was a mixture of several recipes plus a few bits of my own and it is DELICIOUS, even DH who hardly ever comments asked me to make more! I put only a hint of chilli in but feel free to add more if that is to your taste. This would be great with a hot curry I think. This Jelly will be a very dark green colour, just from the mint.
- 113.39 g of fresh mint, bunch
- 236.59 ml white vinegar
- 453.59 g sugar
- 250 g bottle Certo
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 4.92 ml chili flakes
- wash mint thoroughly and divide into 2.
- take the leaves from one bunch, squeeze out the surplus water and chop finely.
- Put vinegar and sugar into a saucepan with the second bunch of mint and stir over a low heat until the sugar has dissolved.
- Bring to the boil for 1 minute.
- Strain syrup through a muslin and return to the saucepan.
- Stir in the certo, bring to the boil and boil for 2 minutes.
- Add the chopped mint, garlic and chilli.
- Allow to cool slightly to prevent the mint from floating.
- Skim, pot and cover in the usual way.
I made this today and put some on my potatoes while I was still waiting for it to set, very nice, tastes a lot like store bought. I didn't have liquid pectin, so used jamsetta powder which I've been using in my jams. I hasn't set as of right not, but it's still hot, so we'll see. I am very happy that I have found a recipe I like to use up all of my mint.