Recipe by HeatherFeather
This a German recipe that I adapted from Schoener Essen magazine, directly from the German. This three bean salad is served slightly warm and calls for fresh from the garden beans rather than canned. It is a nice change of pace if you enjoy 3-bean salads and want to try something new. Simply click on the "convert recipe to US" to swtich from metric to US measurements. Enjoy!
Top Review by Geema
These beans are fresh and zippy! I love the use of lemon juice instead of the more usual vinegar. I didn't have any limas...and don't like them!...so I substituted Edamame with great success. The parsley adds a nice bitter dimension to this great salad.
- 500 g fresh green beans, cut into 2 cm long pieces
- 500 g fresh yellow wax beans, cut into 2 cm long pieces
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 500 g lima beans (fresh or frozen,thawed)
- 2 small red onions, slivered
- sugar, to taste
- 1 -2 clove fresh garlic, minced
- 6 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 125 ml olive oil
- 1 bunch fresh parsley, finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil green and yellow beans together in salted water for about 10-12 miutes.
- Add the lima beans and cook another 2 minutes.
- Drain and set in a serving bowl.
- Whisk together salt, pepper, a pinch of sugar, olive oil, onions,garlic, lemon juice, and parsley.
- Combine dressing and beans and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Season again with salt& pepper if needed and serve.