This a German recipe that I adapted from Schoener Essen magazine, directly from the German. This three bean salad is served slightly warm and calls for fresh from the garden beans rather than canned. It is a nice change of pace if you enjoy 3-bean salads and want to try something new. Simply click on the "convert recipe to US" to swtich from metric to US measurements. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 500 g fresh green beans, cut into 2 cm long pieces
- 500 g fresh yellow wax beans, cut into 2 cm long pieces
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 500 g lima beans (fresh or frozen,thawed)
- 2 small red onions, slivered
- sugar, to taste
- 1 -2 clove fresh garlic, minced
- 6 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 125 ml olive oil
- 1 bunch fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1Boil green and yellow beans together in salted water for about 10-12 miutes.
- 2Add the lima beans and cook another 2 minutes.
- 3Drain and set in a serving bowl.
- 4Whisk together salt, pepper, a pinch of sugar, olive oil, onions,garlic, lemon juice, and parsley.
- 5Combine dressing and beans and let sit for 10 minutes.
- 6Season again with salt& pepper if needed and serve.
Browse Our Top Beans Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Garden Fresh Three Bean Salad
Serving Size: 1 (236 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 217.6
- Calories from Fat 125
- Total Fat 13.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 172.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.2 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 5.4 g