Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This a German recipe that I adapted from Schoener Essen magazine, directly from the German. This three bean salad is served slightly warm and calls for fresh from the garden beans rather than canned. It is a nice change of pace if you enjoy 3-bean salads and want to try something new. Simply click on the "convert recipe to US" to swtich from metric to US measurements. Enjoy!
- 500 g fresh green beans, cut into 2 cm long pieces
- 500 g fresh yellow wax beans, cut into 2 cm long pieces
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 500 g lima beans (fresh or frozen,thawed)
- 2 small red onions, slivered
- sugar, to taste
- 1 -2 clove fresh garlic, minced
- 6 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 125 ml olive oil
- 1 bunch fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Boil green and yellow beans together in salted water for about 10-12 miutes.
- Add the lima beans and cook another 2 minutes.
- Drain and set in a serving bowl.
- Whisk together salt, pepper, a pinch of sugar, olive oil, onions,garlic, lemon juice, and parsley.
- Combine dressing and beans and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Season again with salt& pepper if needed and serve.