Recipe by Helen1
This is a "Campbell Soup" recipe, it's easy to make using ingedients you have on hand. This is a good way to use up the leftovers from a grocery store pre-cooked chicken or a turkey dinner. I like Butterball Herb Stuffing the best - it's in the freezer section. (it comes in 900g pkg. and because we prefer more stuffing I use the whole pkg.) I omit the chesse, personal preference.
Top Review by ElaineAnn
I cut the recipe in half, used leftover turkey breast, and 3/4 cup homemade chicken broth in place of the canned. Served with a tossed salad, this is a quick, easy meal. Definitely a great way to use leftovers! Made for Alphabet Soup Game. Thanks for sharing Helen.
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped carrot
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 (284 ml) can Campbell's condensed chicken broth
- 1 cup milk
- 1 (900 g) packagefrozen herb seasoned stuffing mix
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken or 2 cups cooked turkey
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook celery, onion & carrots in hot butter/ margarine in a 3 qt saucepan over medium heat until tender.
- Add flour; cook 1 minute more, stirring constantly.
- Gradually stir in broth and milk.
- Cook till mixute boils and thickens, stirring constantly, then remove from heat.
- Add stuffing and chicken; toss to coat.
- Spoon into 12x8" baking dish.
- Bake at 350 F for 35 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cheese, bake 5 minutes more or until cheese is melted.