Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Home Made fresh tomato soup.
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups diced white onions
- 3 tablespoons fresh garlic, minced
- 4 cups tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 2 (14 ounce) cans vegetable broth
- 1⁄2 cup tomato paste
- 3 tablespoons chopped basil
- kosher salt
- black pepper
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- In a saucepan, heat the canola oil for 2 - 3 minutes over medium heat.
- Saute the onions for 4-5 minutes, avoiding any browning, then add the garlic. Mix together.
- Add the tomatoes, vegetable broth and tomato paste.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer for 15 - 20 minutes until tomatoes are soft.
- Remove the soup from the heat, add the basil and blend in a blender or food processor for 2-3 minutes until the mixture is smooth.
- Season with salt, peppers and lemon juice.
- Serve immediatley.
Love, love this recipe! It is easy and freezes well. It is also 0 points on Weight Watchers and was my go to recipe to fill up when I wanted something at night! It is good hot or cold, but I like it best hot with a little dollop of sour cream!