Prep 15 mins
Cook 24 hrs
Garbanzos or Chickpeas appear frequently on Spanish tables. Here is a marinated salad from "Sabroso" by Noemi Cristina Taylor.
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained (chickpeas)
- 3⁄4 cup celery, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 cup pimiento, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (Spanish for authenticity)
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup olive, sliced (black or green)
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- Combine all of the ingredients in a salad bowl.
- Add freshly ground black pepper, to taste.
- Mix well, cover and refrigerate 24 hours.
This marinated garbanzo salad has so much flavor and texture. We really liked the crunchy texture of the garbanzo beans, green onions and celery along with the tangy taste of the olives and balsamic vinegar. I really like olives so I used both green and black olives in the salad and they both complimented the salad very well. Thanks for posting this recipe. Made for ZWT5.
I had never added olives to a Garbanzo salad before and what a pleasant surprise the addition was! We both really enjoyed it and it will be made many times over the summer. Thank you for posting acerast! Made for ZWT5