Recipe by Acerast
Garbanzos or Chickpeas appear frequently on Spanish tables. Here is a marinated salad from "Sabroso" by Noemi Cristina Taylor.
Top Review by CarolAT
This marinated garbanzo salad has so much flavor and texture. We really liked the crunchy texture of the garbanzo beans, green onions and celery along with the tangy taste of the olives and balsamic vinegar. I really like olives so I used both green and black olives in the salad and they both complimented the salad very well. Thanks for posting this recipe. Made for ZWT5.
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained (chickpeas)
- 3⁄4 cup celery, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 cup pimiento, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (Spanish for authenticity)
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup olive, sliced (black or green)
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste