Prep 45 mins
Cook 0 mins
From Upstate NY, The home of the garbage/trash plate. This Hot sauce is incredible!!! I make a ton of it and keep it warm in the crock while people serve themselves.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 lb triple-ground beef
- 1 cup water
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1⁄2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon powdered clove
- 1 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- In a large skillet, fry chopped onion and garlic in oil until soft.
- Add meat, stirring constantly with fork to keep it’s texture fine.
- Once the meat browns, add water and tomato paste. Simmer 10 minutes.
- Add sugar and spices. Simmer 30 minutes, adding water, if necessary to keep it moist but not soupy. Alternatively, you may use the griddle scrapings from cooking the patties to make this the Authentic Nick Tahou way.
- Enjoy a taste of Rochester, NY!
garbage trash plate is redundant - here in Rochester we simply say garbage plate better take the trash out
loooove this!!! My family requests it once a week!