Prep 25 mins
Cook 4 mins
A refreshing combination of shrimp, fennel,lemon grass that would make a great nibble, appetizer, or a wonderful salad tossed with some Spring greens.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs large shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 2 lemons
- 1 1⁄2 lbs peeled deveined jumbo shrimp
- 2 fennel bulbs
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 red jalapeno chile
- 1 stalk lemongrass
- 4 tablespoons capers, rinsed
- 2 bunches scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 lime, juice of
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Combine the fennel tops, lemon zest, seeds from the inside of the chili and the tougher outer stalks of the lemon grass in a pot with sufficient salted water to cook the shrimp. Bring to a boil. Poach the shrimp until just cooked, drain, and toss with the infused oil and the juice of the lemons and lime while still warm. Adjust the seasonings.
- Toss the shrimp, capers and scallions. Allow to marinate overnight.
- Infused Oil:.
- To make the infused oil warm the olive oil with the thinly sliced fennel bulbs, onion, diced chili and thinly sliced tender part of the lemon grass.