Jax Carcache's Note:
This is a recipe from my native country of Nicaragua. I love this with some sour cream on it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place vegetable oil on a frying pan and heat for approximately 1 minute.
- 2Saute onions until caramelized.
- 3Add entire pot of cooked beans and its gravy into the sautéed onions.
- 4Stir over low-medium heat for a minute.
- 5Combine cooked rice to sautéed bean mix well and simmer for 5 minutes.
- 6Add salt to taste.
- 7Add cilantro.
- 8Cook on high heat and quick.
- 9Serve immediately and add the sour cream to taste.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gallo Pinto
Serving Size: 1 (147 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 263.0
- Calories from Fat 45
- Total Fat 5.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 2.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 8.2 g