Recipe by erotter
This recipe is simplified from my family’s original recipe from Galicia Spain, which was made with ham hocks and salted pork But everything you need to give it a great flavor are in these ingredients and still comes out it delicious. This recipe was for my family's Sunday dinners so it is a slow simmer type of meal.
- 2 (850.48 g) can cannellini beans
- 1419.54 ml water
- 1 small veal steak
- 1 small ham steak
- 1 small spanish chorizo
- 236.59 ml chopped collard greens
- 2 potatoes
- 1 yellow onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 bay leaf
- 14.79 ml cumin powder
- 14.79 ml of spanish sweet paprika
- add salt & pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut Veal and Ham Steaks into Chunks.
- Mince Onion and Garlic
- Peel and Cut Potatoes into Cubes.
- Skin and cut Choizo into 1/4 inch round slices.
- In a Large Soup pot
- Add the beans with their liquid.
- Then place all remaining ingredients.
- Mix well and let Cook over low flame for about 3 hours.
- Serve in Soup Bowls with Toated Italian Bread for dunking on the side.