1/1 Photo of Galaxy Cookies
I got this recipe from my mother and my favorite cookbook, Betty Crocker's Cookbook. These beautiful cookies are always a hit at parties because they look like little bonbons. These cookies are great to make for children, and it's easy to let them help out.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 118.29 ml butter or 118.29 ml margarine, softened
- 177.44 ml confectioners' sugar
- 14.79 ml vanilla
- food coloring
- 354.88 ml all-purpose flour
- 0.59 ml salt
- dates (anything you want to put in the middle, Coconut, nuts, colored sugar, candies, chocolate pieces)
- 1Preheat over to 350°F.
- 2Mix thoroughly butter, sugar, vanilla, and, if desired, a few drops of food coloring.
- 3Work in salt and flour until dough holds together.
- 4If dough is dry, mix in 1 to 2 Tbsp light cream.
- 5Mold dough by tablespoonfuls around date, nut, candy, cherry, or a few chocolate pieces.
- 6Roll into balls.
- 7Place cookies about 1-inch apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- 8Bake 12-15 minutes until set but not brown.
- 9Prepare icing by mixing confectioners sugar with light cream or milk and vanilla until smooth.
- 10If desired, stir in a few drops of food coloring.
- 11For a tasty chocolate icing, increase light cream to 3 tbsp and stir in 1 oz melted unsweetened chocolate.
- 12Let cookies cool, then dip tops of cookies into icing several times to get a good layer.
- 13If desired, immediately decorate with coconut, nuts, colored sugar, candies, chocolate pieces or chocolate shot.
- 14Makes 20 to 25 cookies.
- 15Variations: Brown Sugar Galaxy Cookies: Substitute 1/2 c brown sugar (packed) for the confectioners' sugar and omit food color.
- 16Chocolate Galaxy Cookies: Omit food color and stir in 1 oz melted unsweetened chocolate (cooled) into butter mixture.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Galaxy Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (569 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 97.4
- Calories from Fat 36
- Total Fat 4.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 10.7 mg
- Sodium 38.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 8.3 g
- Protein 0.8 g