This is my favorite dessert to make when cooking Indian food. The sweet & creamy taste is a delicious end to a hot & spicy meal. I posted this recipe in 2004 and can't believe that here it is 2007 and no one has yet ventured trying it! Go Ahead, it's really delicious!!! :)
- Heat carrots and half-and-half to boiling in saucepan; reduce heat.
- Simmer uncovered, stirring frequently, until all the half & half is absorbed, about 45 minutes.
- Stir in the brown sugar, raisins, butter, cardamom and salt.
- Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until all of the brown sugar is dissolved and the mixture is of your desired consistency, (pudding-like) about 15 minutes.
- Garnish with pistachios or slivered almonds.
- Serve warm and enjoy!