Recipe by Sackville
You may think this is the oddest combination of ingredients you've seen in a long time but I assure you it is very good eating! I especially like it with a bowlful of Nasi Goreng at my side...
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1⁄2 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1⁄2 zest and lemon, juice of
- 1 teaspoon chili powder or 1⁄2 teaspoon chili flakes
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 tomatoes, chopped
- 3 -5 green onions
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup coconut cream
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 cabbage, shredded
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1⁄2 cup bean sprouts
- 1 can beet, drained and chopped
- 1⁄2 cucumber, sliced
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, cut into wedges
- shrimp crackers
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil, onion, garlic, ginger, lemon, chili, sugar, soy, peanut butter and coconut in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the water and stir until well-blended, about 2 minutes.
- Toss all of the vegetables together and arrange on a serving plate.
- Place the eggs on top, and pour the sauce over.
- Serve with shrimp crackers scattered around the salad.