Recipe by Patchwork Dragon
This is from Weight Watchers Versatile Vegetarian book. Very easy to make.
- 2 red bell peppers, seeded and cut into strips
- 4 plum tomatoes, cut into thin wedges (Iused ordinary tomatoes)
- 2 red onions, sliced
- 1 medium zucchini, halved lengthways and sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, quartered
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 3⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups fusilli (I used Penne)
- 1⁄4 cup shredded basil
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preeheat oven to 400°F.
- In a large roasting dish, combine the bell peppers,tomatoes,onions, zucchini, garlic,thyme and 1/2 teasp black pepper. Drizzle over the olive oil and toss to coat. Roast until peppers are softened, turning once or twice. Takes about 40 minutes.
- Cook the fusilli according to the pack instructions. Drain and reserve 1/2 cup of the cooking liquid.
- Add pasta to the vegetables with the reserved cooking liquid, basil, cheese and the rest of the black pepper. Toss to combine.