This recipe is a favorite from the Pillsbury Bake-off. It is a simple cookie recipe that always pleases my family. It is also much more economical than buying those sprinkle cookies from the grocery store.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) packagepillsbury plus funfetti cake mix
- 1⁄3 cup oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 can pillsbury pink vanilla funfetti frosting
- Heat oven to 375.
- In large bowl, combine cake mix, oil and eggs; stir by hand until thoroughly moistened.
- Stir in decorator sprinkles from the cake mix.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls.
- Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Flatten to 1/4 inch thickness with bottom of glass dipped in flour.
- Bake at 375 for 6 to 8 minutes or until edges are light golden brown.
- Cool 1 minute; remove from cookie sheets.
- Spread frosting over slightly warm cookies.
- Immediately sprinkle each with decorator sprinkles from frosting.
- Store in tightly covered container.
Pretty easy cookie to make, and they were enjoyed by my whole family. I made 1/2 batch of cream cheese frosting to put on them (1/2 stick butter, 1/2 package cream cheese, couple of cups of powdered sugar and 1/2 t vanilla).
I also only had yellow cake mix, so I used it and put sprinkles in the dough. My kids were delighted to have them as an after school snack!
These tasted good and were so easy to make. We brought them to a family gathering and people were asking for the recipe:)
I just made these tonight and used a homemade cake mix "Homemade Yellow Cake Mix (Subtitute 18.25oz Betty Crocker Box)" from second2none. It worked beautifully. I also made the shortening based frosting from a different recipe and i made a mistake a didn't add enough powdered sugar but the cookie itself is great and the frosting too, just a bit more sweet.