Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
Growing up in Utah you have to love funeral potatoes!
- 1 (32 ounce) bag frozen diced potatoes
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup skim milk
- 1 cup light sour cream
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 dash salt (to taste)
- 1 dash pepper (to taste)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine soup, butter, sour cream or yogurt, milk, cheese, onion, salt and pepper in a large mixing bowl. Mix well.
- Add the diced potatoes to bowl and stir gently until combined.
- Place potato mixture in a 2-3 quart casserole dish or 9 x 13-inch baking pan.
- Optional: Mix 2 T melted butter with crushed corn flakes or panko bread crumbs. If using panko, season with a little salt and pepper. Sprinkle crumb mixture over potato mixture. Also optional: sprinkle more cheese over the top.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 45-60 minutes or until hot and bubbly.