Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe is a fundraiser recipe meaning it is quick, streamlined, and inexpensive.
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 1 1⁄2-2 green peppers, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 3 -4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups raw rice, cooked
- 8 ounces andouille sausages, sliced
- 3 1⁄2 ounces smoked sausage, halved and sliced
- 8 ounces grilled chicken, chopped
- 2 -3 tablespoons cajun seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne
- Chop onions, peppers, celery and garlic.
- Fry in oil until softened.
- Meanwhile, cook rice in large kettle of water until done; drain.
- Add meat to vegetables and continue to cook until warmed through. Season meat with seasonings.
- When seasoned a little stronger than desired, add rice.
- Keep warm in crockpot.
- Serves 25-30 when served with Red Beans and Rice.
I cut this recipe pretty much in half, & it was enough to satisfy 4 of us at dinner time! It should be noted, though, that I used almost a whole green bell pepper, 2 garlic cloves, just a tablespoon of cajun seasoning, along with about 5 ounces of the sausage & 1 medium-size chicken breast! Very nice tasting dish, but that comes from someone who doesn't really know jamablaya from . . . well, brom gumbo ~ Actually I DO, but you get the point, I'm sure! [Made & reviewed in Healthy Choices ABC tag]