Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Something different and tasty...an alternative when the barbecue/cookout season gets going and you're tired of potato salad and plain coleslaw.
- 16 ounces shredded cabbage (I use the bagged coleslaw mix)
- 2⁄3 cup sunflower seeds
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds
- 3 bags oriental-flavor instant ramen noodles, broken,not cooked,reserve seasoning packets for dressing
- 1 bunch green onion, sliced,including greens
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 3 packages seasoning from oriental-flavor instant ramen noodles
- Combine salad ingredients in large salad bowl.
- Mix dressing and toss with salad immediately before serving.
needed a salad that would keep in the heat-- what a hit this salad was. We enjoyed so much that we couldn't stop eating it. Thank you for the help! sandystuds
Have made this for potluck and received great comments. I substituted rice wine vinegar. I mix with oil and pour over noodle mixture right before serving.
Have made this several times and we do love this salad. I like to lightly toast the slivered almonds before adding to the salad. I've needed to substitute mild rice vinegar for the red wie vinegar if I'm out, and the salad still tastes great. Thank-you for making this recipe available on Zaar.