Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This chili is full of color and flavor. Serve it over pasta with a salad and fresh bread.
- 1 large sweet onion, chopped
- 1 large red bell pepper, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb ground chuck
- 1 large zucchini, diced
- 1 (11 ounce) can sweet whole kernel corn, undrained
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 (10 ounce) cans diced tomatoes, with green chilies, undrained
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 (1 3/4 ounce) envelopetexas-style chili seasoning mix
- 1 (1 lb) box penne pasta
- freshly grated parmesan cheese (to garnish)
- Sauté the first 3 ingredients in the hot oil in a large stock pot over medium-high heat for 5 minutes or until tender. Stir in beef that has been browned. Add the remaining ingredients except the pasta. Bring to boil; reduce heat, simmer uncovered stirring often for 30 minutes.
- While the chili is cooking, cook the pasta according to the directions on the box; drain. Serve this chili over the penne pasta. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese if desired (remove the bay leaves before serving).
Enjoyed this chili and loved the corn and zucchini! I had ground round in the freezer so used it in place of the ground chuck. Black beans arent our favorite, in place of them I used kidney beans. I did add a little more tomato sauce and omitted the teaspoon of salt. Nice meal and the leftovers are even better! Thank you southern chef in louisiana for creating this chili recipe.