Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
Simply delicious casserole.
- 1 lb lean ground beef (plus)
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 6 medium zucchini, sliced and unpeeled
- 1 cup Minute Rice
- 1 (16 ounce) container low fat cottage cheese
- 2 cups low-fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- Place sliced zucchini in bottom of 9" x 13" pyrex baking dish.
- Brown ground beef, garlic and onion in skillet.
- Add cream of mushroom soup and oregano.
- Mix well.
- Pour this mixture over zucchini; sprinkle with rice; layer with cottage cheese then cheddar cheese.
- Bake, loosely covered, at 350 degrees F for 45 minutes.
- Place slices of tomato and Parmesan cheese; bake an additional 15 minutes, uncovered.
- Just serve with a fresh green salad and garlic bread.
- You'll be a winner!
This was a delicious meal and my family thought so too! It was pretty watery in the bottom. Is it supposed to do that? Maybe I did something wrong. Like I said though, it was delicious. : )
The bottom of this was extremely watery, but the overall flavor was okay.
Hearty casserole but a little bland. I highly recommend mixing the rice and cheeses together before spooning over the beef. Some of the rice along the edges that were missed by the cheeses never cooked.