Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From Saad Fayed, Ful medames is a popular breakfast dish in Egypt. It is served usually with a fried egg and pita bread. The pita bread is sometimes used as a scoop for the fava beans. Ful medames dates back to ancient Egypt. Overnight soaking of beans not included in times.
- Soak beans overnight in water.
- Drain, and cover with fresh water in large saucepan.
- Bring to a boil and simmer on low for 45 minutes to 1 hour, or until beans are tender.
- Drain and place in medium bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Beans and remaining ingredients can be mashed together, or the beans can be left whole and gently mixed with remaining ingredients.
- It is more commonly served mashed together.
- Serve hot with a fried egg and pita bread.
Love this dish!! Even DH who has a life long dislike for broad beans liked it. This will be a keeper. Thanks for sharing :)
Made for Welcome to Egypt / N*A*M*E-Forum