Recipe by Rachie P
I found these amazing gems in a TOH in 2006, courtesy of a Renee Schwebach. I can't get over how easy they are - it's THE perfect cookie for allowing my small children to help bake with me. You won't regret making them - so you may as well double the recipe right off the bat!
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package devil's food cake mix
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 eggs
- 2 -3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 2 (5 ounce) packages chocolate-covered mint candies (I used Necco brand Haviland Thin Mints)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large mixing bowl, combinei the cake mix, butter, and water.
- Add eggs and mix well.
- Shape into 1 inch balls and roll in confectioners' sugar.
- Place 2 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 375 for 8-10 minutes, or until set.
- Immediately press a mint into the center of each cookie.
- Cool for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.