1/1 Photo of Fudge Walnut Brownies
I wish I had a pound for every time I have made brownies in my life and for every new brownie recipe I have tried! I’d be a rich woman! This is my old standard that I return to every time. Moist and delicious with full on chocolate flavour, these are everything a good brownie should be! You can leave the nuts out if you wish. If you want you can add chocolate chips instead. They then become double chocolate fudge brownies!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pre-heat the oven to 180*C/350*F.
- 2Grease and flour the bottom of an 8 inch square glass baking dish; tap out any extra flour.
- 3Melt the butter along with the chocolate over low heat in a large pot.
- 4Allow to cool, then stir in the sugar, eggs (one at a time) vanilla, flour and salt, mixing with a wooden spoon and being careful not to over mix, no more than 50 strokes!
- 5Pour batter evenly into the prepared pan.
- 6Bake until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out a little wet if you want fudgy brownies.
- 7Bake until it comes out cleaner if you want cake type brownies, about 40 to 45 minutes for the fudgy ones.
- 8Let cool a bit before cutting into squares.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fudge Walnut Brownies
Serving Size: 1 (1139 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 204.7
- Calories from Fat 113
- Total Fat 12.6 g
- Saturated Fat 6.8 g
- Cholesterol 55.5 mg
- Sodium 20.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 16.9 g
- Protein 2.6 g