I wish I had a pound for every time I have made brownies in my life and for every new brownie recipe I have tried! I’d be a rich woman! This is my old standard that I return to every time. Moist and delicious with full on chocolate flavour, these are everything a good brownie should be! You can leave the nuts out if you wish. If you want you can add chocolate chips instead. They then become double chocolate fudge brownies!
- Pre-heat the oven to 180*C/350*F.
- Grease and flour the bottom of an 8 inch square glass baking dish; tap out any extra flour.
- Melt the butter along with the chocolate over low heat in a large pot.
- Allow to cool, then stir in the sugar, eggs (one at a time) vanilla, flour and salt, mixing with a wooden spoon and being careful not to over mix, no more than 50 strokes!
- Pour batter evenly into the prepared pan.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out a little wet if you want fudgy brownies.
- Bake until it comes out cleaner if you want cake type brownies, about 40 to 45 minutes for the fudgy ones.
- Let cool a bit before cutting into squares.