Recipe by Courtly
"Chocolate and Peanut Butter come together in this bite-size treat."
Top Review by Gamer Gal
i actually didn't get the recipe from here i found it in an old Betty crocker magazine, i was going to post it if no one else had but i'm surprised to see its up here with no reviews!!! i made them for my dad for fathers day and they were WONDERFUL! and surprisingly simple! the only advice i have is you might want to add an extra egg or a bit more peanut butter if the dough turns out a bit dry (as it did for me when i fallowed the recipe) and two it may take a bit longer in the oven, took mine about 11 or 12 minutes. other then that they are perfect! a great gift for any one! ^_^
- 1⁄2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄4 cup creamy peanut butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 375°F
- In large bowl, beat 1/2 cup peanut butter, the shortening, sugar and brown sugar with mixer on medium speed until fluffy.
- Beat in egg until smooth.
- Beat in flour, baking powder and baking soda.
- Shape dough into 48 one-inch balls.
- On ungreased cookie sheet, place balls 1 inch apart.
- Flatten balls to 1/4 inch thickness by pressing with a fork in a crisscross pattern.
- Bake 4-8 minutes or until bottoms are golden brown.
- Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack.
- Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- In small microwavable, microwave chocolate chips uncovered on High about 1 minute or until softened; stir until smooth.
- Stir 1/4 cup peanut butter into chocolate until smooth.
- Cool to room temperature or until thickened.
- Sandwich pairs of cookies, bottoms together, with 1 t. chocolate mixture.
- Let stand about 1 hour or until chocolate is firm.