Recipe by Charmed
I found these at the Saco Cocoa website, and made them for my last Christmas cookie platter. They were excellent! The time does not include chilling time.
- 11 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa powder
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup almond paste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons dry buttermilk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup powdered sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- In large mixing bowl cream together the butter, sugar, egg, cocoa, water, almond filling and vanilla.
- In small mixing bowl stir together the flour, Buttermilk Blend, baking soda and salt.
- Slowly add to creamed mixture, beating until well-blended.
- Dough will be sticky.
- Cover and chill at least one hour.
- Roll dough into one-inch balls.
- Roll balls in powdered sugar.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Place the balls 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes.
- Remove immediately onto cooling rack.
- If desired, sprinkle with additional powdered sugar then let cool completely.