Recipe by LindaMarie40
My husband stopped eating eggs - this recipe offered a great way to have an old favourite. It is healthier too!
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup chocolate chips
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 1 small banana
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup soya milk or 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seed meal
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9 inch square pan.
- whisk together flour, cocoa, baking power, baking soda and salt.
- In a double boiler melt chocolate chips with oil add mashed banana and sugar.
- In a measuring cup combine soya milk, ground flax seed and vanilla.
- Fold this mixture into the chocolate mixture and stir into the flour misture until just combined.
- Spread in pan and bake for 20 - 25 minutes.
- Let cool before cutting.