Prep 45 mins
Cook 25 mins
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup semisweet chocolate chunk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- walnut pieces
- To make the pastry: in a bowl, beat ½ cup butter and cream cheese with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds.
- Stir in flour with a wooden spoon; cover and chill dough for about 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- Shape dough into 24 balls; press each ball evenly into bottom and up sides of an ungreased 1 ¾ inch muffin cup.
- To make the filling: in a small saucepan, melt chocolate pieces and 2 tablespoons butter over low heat, stirring constantly; remove from heat; stir in sugar, egg, and vanilla.
- If desired, place a nut in each pastry-lined muffin cup; spoon about 1 teaspoon chocolate mixture into each pastry-lined muffin cup.
- Bake at 325° for 20-25 minutes or until pastry is golden and filling is puffed.
- Cool tassies slightly in pan on wire racks.
- Carefully remove tassies from pan by running a knife around the edges of each cup; transfer tassies to a wire rack and let cool.