Recipe by Manuela
These are very moist muffins. You can match the type of yogurt to the type of fruit you are using if you want to improve the flavour.
Top Review by Kasha
These were really good and I don't think people would suspect the whole wheat flour in them, or the lack of fat. I made them even lighter with 2 egg whites instead of the egg, and applesauce to replace the oil. I did add some cinnamon and some nutmeg for extra taste, as I was using the apples and apple sauce. The recipe made 16 muffins for me. I will try again with different fruit combos. Thanks!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 3 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 (8 ounce) container plain yogurt
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 2 cups finely cubed apples (or any other fruit)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Grease 12 muffin cups or line with paper muffin liners.
- Stir together flour, sugar, baking soda and baking powder.
- In a separate bowl, combine yogurt, egg, vanilla, oil and fruit.
- Stir mixtures together just until combined; batter will be very thick.
- Scoop into prepared muffin cups and bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes.
- Tip: I use to beat egg together with a little of the sugar until fluffy and light in colour.
- This helps the leavening process.