Recipe by Apple Girl
Another classic from the "So fat low fat no fat" cookbook, with of course my own little changes. I tried this tonight, and I like them alot. Esspecially hot out of the oven. No need to frost (though you can if you'd like), they're sweet and delish!
Top Review by Apple Girl
One suggestion I have, now after eating quite a few of the lucious little cupcakes, is to crush your pineapple really well, I'm not sure I liked taking a bite and getting a chunk of pineapple...
- 2 egg whites
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple (if you don't have crushed, sliced works fine)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prepare cupcake cups.
- beat eggs and sugar together well (the recipe says with an electric mixer, but I just beat the heck out of it with a wire whisk).
- mix in the flour and baking soda.
- If the pineapple is not pre-crushed use your wire whisk to press down into the can over and over again until the pineapple is in small chunks.
- Then add the whole can (juice and all) to the mixture.
- Stir very well.
- Add vanilla.
- Stir well.
- Pour into cake cups and place in oven.
- Cooking time really depends on your oven.
- Check them every couple minutes until lightly browning on the tops.