Recipe by 4-H Mom
This is what my Mom used to make me every morning as I was getting ready to head out the door for school. I still eat this about 6 mornings out of the week.
Top Review by Lalaloula
This is such a lovely recipe, which made for a wonderful breakfast this morning! Its very creamy and has a nice sweetness from the fruits. I used one apple instead of the peach and only had a 3/4 cup of oats, but other than that followed the recipe to a t and it was just perfect. Thanks so much for sharing this treat with us, 4-H Mom! I will surely make it again! Made and reviewed for Potluck Tag May 09.
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup chopped peeled peach
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium saucepan bring water to a boil. Stir in oats, peaches or any fruit of your choice, raisins, and cinnamon.
- Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat. Cover and let stand for 2 minutes.
- Put oat mixture into 4 bowls, Pour 2 tablespoons milk over each serving.
- Low fat and no cholesterol.