Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
I love litchis. In this dish, the pineapple accents the litchis, it doesn't overpower it! Cooking time is chilling time.
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice or 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 orange
- 2 cups fresh pineapple, cubed
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh litchis or 1 1⁄2 cups canned litchis
- Cook the sugar and water into a syrup.
- Cool and stir in sherry and lemon/lime juice.
- Peel and segment the orange; Toss with the pineapple and litchis.
- Pour the syrup over the fruits.
- Chill 1 hour before serving.
Very nice fruit salad. Hadn't had litchis in years and bought a can to try this out. Next time I will make again just using orange and pineapple as the (canned) litchies (only kind available here) tasted kind of flat and definitely needed the citrus for flavour. The syrup is delicious with the sherry.