1/2 Photos of Fruited Baked Squash
1 hr 20 mins
My daughter recently bought me some vintage cookbooks. This recipe came from Betty Crocker's Dinner in a Dish, published in 1965. It's an unusual and tasty way to serve acorn squash!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut squash in half crosswise and scoop out seeds. Place cut side down in a baking dish. Pour in water to a 1/4" depth. Bake at 400° for 30 minutes.
- 2While squash is baking, peel and chop the orange and chop the apple.
- 3Mix together the ham, chopped orange, chopped apple, brown sugar, and butter.
- 4When squash has baked, pour remaining liquid from pan and turn squash cut side up. Sprinkle lightly with salt.
- 5Fill squash halves with the ham mixture.
- 6Bake at 400° for 30 minutes, or until squash is tender.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fruited Baked Squash
Serving Size: 1 (380 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 453.2
- Calories from Fat 213
- Total Fat 23.7 g
- Saturated Fat 11.7 g
- Cholesterol 93.9 mg
- Sodium 134.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 19.0 g
- Protein 20.2 g