1/1 Photo of Fruitcake
2 hrs 20 mins
Baking Girl's Note:
My mom got this delicious recipe from a newspaper twenty years ago when we lived in Germany. She never liked fruit cake until she made this one! She said this recipe was worth keeping and I would like to share it with you! It is delicious and if you never liked fruit cake, this one is worth trying!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 6 eggs, separated
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon brandy extract (or 3/4 cup milk, 1/4 cup brandy)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups golden raisins
- 1 cup dried apricot, chopped
- 1/2 cup candied orange peel, chopped
- 1 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 1Beat butter until light and creamy.
- 2Gradually add sugar, beating until smooth.
- 3Beat egg yolks together, lightly then add to mixture.
- 4Combine milk, brandy and vanilla.
- 5Mix flour and salt together.
- 6Alternately add milk mixture and flour mixture to butter mix.
- 7Fold in fruits and nuts.
- 8Beat egg whites with cream of tartar until stiff but not dry.
- 9Fold whites into batter gently but thoroughly.
- 10Pour mixture into two buttered and floured bread molds.
- 11Bake at 275 degrees for 2 1/2 hours or until they test done with toothpick.
- 12Cool then remove from loaf pans.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fruitcake
Serving Size: 1 (189 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 680.1
- Calories from Fat 298
- Total Fat 33.1 g
- Saturated Fat 16.5 g
- Cholesterol 169.6 mg
- Sodium 310.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 89.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 54.0 g
- Protein 10.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
candied orange peel