Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
A super delicious dessert from Mexico; easy to prepare and pretty to look at. The dessert salsa takes advantage of whatever fruit is in season, but it traditionally includes at least some strawberries. Spoon it over ice cream or pound cake. Preparation time does not include 1 hour needed for chilling. From 'Salsa Cooking'
- 1⁄4-1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup orange juice, fresh
- 2 tablespoons orange liqueur (or cognac) (optional)
- 2 cups fruit, sliced or 2 cups diced including at least 1/2 cup strawberries and your choice of peaches, plums, nectarines, apricot raspberries or 2 cups fruit
- Mix together sugar, orange juice and liqueur, adjusting the amount of sugar according to the sweetness of the fruit.
- Put the fruit in a bowl, pour the marinade over it and stir gently.
- Chill for at least 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
Delicious! I used Triple Sec, blackberries, strawberries & plum, and it was a big hit! Thanks for sharing.
Made this very easily with strawberries, blueberries & raspberries & little banana, & it went well over a simple pound cake! I didn't use the liqueur this time but would definitely include it when I make it for company another go 'round! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed in Gimme 5 tag]
Simply elegant! I used Cointreau and spooned my strawberry/ blueberry mixture over vanilla ice cream. Thanks Deantini for a sharing a recipe that will be made often. Made for 123 Hit Wonders!