A lovely, sweet fruit salad dressing from the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix sugar, flour and salt together.
- 2Add water and blend.
- 3Pour into pineapple juice and cook for ten minutes over low heat, stirring frequently until slightly thickened.
- 4Pour over egg, stirring rapidly; return to heat and cook for 3 minutes longer.
- 5Remove from heat and add lemon juice; cool in the refrigerator.
- 6When ready to serve, thin with plain or whipped cream to desired consistency.
- 7*Variation: Omit water, use 2 egg yolks instead of a whole egg and only 1 tablespoon of lemon juice. Add 1/4 cup butter.
Browse Our Top Salad Dressings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Salad Dressings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fruit Salad Dressing
Serving Size: 1 (650 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 585.5
- Calories from Fat 296
- Total Fat 32.9 g
- Saturated Fat 19.3 g
- Cholesterol 249.6 mg
- Sodium 276.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 67.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 51.0 g
- Protein 7.6 g