Recipe by dsthings
We call this recipe Peach cobbler in my family, but the real title is Fruit Pudding, since you can use other kinds of fruit in it.. We love it, very easy and a good way to use up your canned fruit.
Top Review by CarrolJ
This recipe is the best of all the recipes I have made during the PAC Spring 2014 game. Wow, it is so good that I couldn't leave it alone. Since my countertop oven will not hold a 9 x 13 pan because it won't bake anything larger than 12 inches, I used two small rectangular glass baking dishes instead. It still turned out heavenly! I was concerned when I mixed up the batter because it seemed so thin. Not to worry....excellent results. The only canned fruit I could find in my pantry was chunk pineapple! Wow! Reminded me of a Pineapple Upside Down Cake but better! Made for PAC Spring 2014.
- 1 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt (actually it's a dash of salt)
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 quart canned fruit
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350, and while it preheats, place 1 stick of butter or margerine in a 9 X 13 or smaller deeper baking dish, in the oven until butter melts.(9x13 makes a nice size, but it comes out kind of thin.).
- Mix sugar, flour, baking powder, salt, and milk together, by hand until smooth.
- In pan with melted butter, add batter, making sure it covers most of the bottom of the pan.
- Drain fruit, and spoon on top of batter evenly, so batter is evenly covered with fruit.
- Bake at 350 for 40 minutes.