Recipe by little_wing
Pretty dessert, very tasty and kids love it.
Top Review by WizzyTheStick
Apricots weren't available to me so I used mixed peel in the crust. My apple sauce was unsweetened and I chose to use fat free cream cheese for the spread which because it was fat free did not beat to a perfectly smooth consistency but the lumps were tiny and did not detract from the taste. The crust has a lovely texture like a soft granola bar with a slight crunch at the edges. This lends itself to a variety of fruit toppings and perhaps a lemon or passionfruit curd...Nice light dessert for tea or after dinner. Very pretty presentation.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 egg white
- 1⁄3 cup applesauce
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1⁄3 cup dried apricot, finely chopped
- 8 ounces low-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup frozen apple juice concentrate, thawed
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon zest
- 4 kiwi fruits, peeled and sliced
- 1⁄2 cup canned sliced peaches in light syrup, strained
- 1⁄2 cup strawberry, cut in 1/2 lengthwise
- 1 medium banana, cut into 1/4-inch slices
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- To make the cookie crust:.
- Cream the butter, honey, and brown sugar together in a mixing bowl.
- Add the egg white and combine.
- Mix in the applesauce and vanilla.
- Sift the flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon together.
- Add to the sugar mixture, stirring just to combine.
- Gently stir in the oats and apricots, just to combine.
- Spread the batter on a lightly greased 12-inch nonstick pizza pan.
- Bake until lightly browned, 30 to 35 minutes.
- Let cool in the pan for 5 minutes, then carefully transfer to a wire rack and let cool completely.
- To make the topping:.
- In a mixing bowl, whip the cream cheese with the apple juice concentrate and lemon zest until light and creamy.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture over the cookie, leaving a 1/2-inch border around the rim.
- Arrange the fruit over the top.
- Slice into wedges with a pizza cutter and serve.