Prep 10 mins
Cook 13 mins
One of my new favourites. The recipe is a part of a collection of magazines I was gifted last month from India.
- 2 cups rice, washed and drained
- 3 tablespoons ghee
- 1 onion, finely sliced
- 4 cloves
- 4 cardamoms
- 2 1⁄2 cm cinnamon sticks
- 2 dried red chilies, broken into 2-3 pieces each
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1 cup pineapple, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup apple, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup seedless grapes
- Put ghee and the sliced onion in a bowl.
- Microwave on HIGH for 2 minutes.
- Add cloves, cardamom, cinnamon, red chillies and rice.
- Mix well.
- Microwave on HIGH for 1 more minute.
- Add water, orange juice and salt.
- Cook, covered on HIGH for 10 more minutes.
- Stir in the pineapple, apple and grapes.
- Keep covered for a few more minutes before serving.