Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
- 4 cups fresh fruit or 4 cups frozen fruit, thawed
- 1 cup granulated unbleached cane sugar or 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup unbleached flour
- 1 dash sea salt or 1 dash salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 dash nutmeg
Blueberry or Blackberry
- 1 dash cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
Raspberry or Strawberry Rhubarb
- 2 tablespoons flour (additional)
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine all ingredients and let sit for 15-20 minutes until juices start to run. Place filling in bottom of pie shell and top with top crust. Crimp edges together, brush with egg wash, cut slits into top crust, and place on a baking tray.
- Bake approximately 40-55 minutes until golden brown and filling is bubbling. Remove from oven and cool slightly before serving.
- Yields enough filling for one 9" pie.