Another recipe from The Planet Organic Market Cookbook, this recipe is made with all organic ingredients; use organic where you can. From the recipe, "This crust is a treat unto itself and is much easier to make than a pastry pie crust."
2. Bake the almonds and walnuts or pecans on separate baking sheets until they are fragrant and toasted: about 8 minutes for pecans or walnuts, 10 minutes for almonds. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool. Raise the oven temperature to 375°F.
3. Grind the oats in a blender or food processor until they become a coarse meal. Empty into a large mixing bowl.
4. Grind the almonds and walnuts or pecans into a coarse meal and add to the oats, along with the flour and salt.
5. In a small bowl, whip together the oil or butter, maple syrup, vanilla and water. Add to the oat-nut mixture and mix well. Allow the mixture to sit for 10 minutes in the refrigerator.
6. With cold, wet hands, press the crust mixture into a well- oiled tart or pie pan. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until barely golden brown.
7. Set aside to cool. Then add pie filling and bake for additional 30 to 35 minutes.