Recipe by drhousespcatcher
A fruit version with just eggs and flour. I found this and posted it about 2001 or 2002 when I was researching Native American food.
Top Review by Nasseh
I made this for the kids to snack on while we were cooking Thanksgiving dinner. I substituted chopped pecans for the pine nuts & craisins (dried cranberries) for raisins. I used 1/2 cup frozen mixed fruit & 1 cup frozen strawberries, slightly thawed. I chopped them into small pieces in a food processor & then added it to the dried fruits & nuts. Since there were blueberries in the mixed fruit I went ahead & added the brown sugar to the mixture. This made a great tasting healthy snack.
- 3⁄4 cup dried apricot
- 3⁄4 cup pine nuts
- 3⁄4 cup raisins
- 3⁄4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1⁄2 cup dried apple
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh strawberries or 1 1⁄2 cups frozen strawberries
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar or 1⁄3 cup blueberries
- 1⁄2 cup flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 3750. Put apricots, apples, raisins, pinenuts, and sunflower seeds in a food processor or grinder.
- Process until apricots and apples are in fine pieces and nuts are ground fine. Transfer mixture to a bowl and add remaining ingredients.
- Mix well and spoon into a buttered 9 X 13 baking dish. Bake 30 minutes. Cut into bars.
- Plains Indian.