Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
A great way to lightly flavor fruit and even tofu from the inside. Anything that can be "skewered" will have a little extra flavor. The possibilities are endless. This is one of many choices Check out my others.
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1⁄8 cup tequila (or flavored rum or vodka)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of fresh mint, bruised
- 12 -24 wooden skewers
- Mix marinade till sugar is dissolved and pour into a a small cookie sheet pan to fit the wooden skewers.
- Soak the skewers in liquid for one hour.
- Then skewer your choice of fruit, cook on the grill or indoors if you prefer.
- A little trick so the skewers don`t burn is to hang them over the edge of the grill or wrap them in foil.