Recipe by Nyteglori
These simple jelly candies can be made using almost any juice, as long as it has been strained (if necessary). Try making a few different varities to serve together. Also experiment with different shapes, and with rolling the jellies in sugar and leaving them plain. You can either use molded pans or a regular pan and cut the candies out. If you like your candies firmer add an additional tbsp of gelatin.
- 4 tablespoons unflavored gelatin
- 2⁄3 cup fruit juice, of your choice strained
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 4 tablespoons corn syrup
- food coloring (optional)
- superfine sugar (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare a 6-inch inch pan by wetting it lightly with water.
- Place the gelatin in 4 tbsp of water to soften for about 5 minutes.
- Place the juice, sugar and corn syrup in a medium saucepan over medium heat and stir until sugar dissolves.
- Stir in the gelatin and continue stirring until gelatin dissolves.
- At this point add food coloring if desired.
- Pour into prepared pan and leave until completely set.
- When set, turn out of pan and cut with a sharp knife or cookie cutter into desired shapes.
- Jellies can be rolled in superfine sugar, if desired, or served plain.