Prep 45 mins
Cook 9 mins
Prep time does not include 30 minute chill time
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups white chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup sugar-sweetened orange drink mix or 1⁄2 cup lemon drink mix or 1⁄2 cup cherry drink mix
- colored crystal sugar or coarse sugar, for decoration
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a large bowl, beat butter and shortening for 30 seconds.
- Add granulated sugar, drink mix, baking powder, and baking soda.
- Beat until fluffy, scraping sides of bowl occasionally.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- Beat in as much flour as you can with mixer.
- Stir in any remaining flour and the baking pieces.
- Cover and chill dough 30 minutes or until easy to handle.
- Shape dough into 1 inch balls.
- Roll in colored or coarse sugar.
- Place balls 2 inches apart on un-greased cookie sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven for 9 11 minutes or until edges are just set (centers will still be soft).
- Let cool for 2 minutes on cookie sheet.
- Transfer to a wire rack and cool completely.