Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
From the Bisquick people. A simple dessert with a moist, chewy crust and your favorite spreadable fruit in the center. This tastes better the longer it sits.
- 473.18 ml Bisquick baking mix
- 236.59 ml quick-cooking oats
- 177.44 ml brown sugar, packed
- 118.29 ml butter or 118.29 ml margarine, softened
- 236.59 ml jam (such as strawberry, raspberry or blueberry) or 236.59 ml preserves (such as strawberry, raspberry or blueberry)
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Grease square 9X9X2 inch pan.
- Mix Bisquick mix, oats and brown sugar in large bowl.
- Cut in butter, using fork or pastry blender, until mixture is crumbly.
- Press half of the crumbly mixture in pan.
- Spread fruit over crumbly mixture to within 1/4 inch of edges.
- Top with remaining crumbly mixture; press gently into fruit.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until light brown; cool completely.
I really liked this! I am NOT a breakfast person but thought that these would be better and cheaper than the pre-packaged breakfast bars - and they sure were! I used Bisquick Lite, and one of the heart-healthy margarines, the Splenda brown sugar mix for baking and an all fruit jam - strawberry - I will enjoy this in the morning - it will be like eating dessert for breakfast, but good for me!! Thanks for a great recipe!!