Recipe by SMDeasy
When I quit work to homeschool my son, I needed to find ways to cut our grocery bill. Breakfast was always expensive since we like 'quick fixes' in the morning. So I devised this recipe to freeze so DH and DS could quickly warm up breakfast. I figured these cost me about .46 each!!
- 16 ounces breakfast sausage (1 roll of the Hot variety)
- 10 large eggs
- 1⁄2 onion (Chopped small)
- 1⁄4 cup green onion top (chopped)
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro (chopped fine)
- 4 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 12 flour tortillas (the small taco ones)
- 2 cups cheddar cheese (Shredded)
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown sausage in skillet.
- When sausage is almost done, melt butter in another skillet.
- Add onions and cook until edges turn brown.
- While onions cook, drain sausage.
- In medium bowl, combine eggs, cumin, pepper and milk-scramble with fork.
- When onions are brown, add egg mixture and scramble with wooden spoon.
- When eggs look halfway done, add green onions and cilantro.
- Continue to scramble until eggs are no longer runny-remove from heat.
- If you have a gas stove then use tongs to warm up tortillas over the burner on medium heat. Flip and move constantly until they puff-they taste the best this way! Otherwise, just warm in the microwave.
- I use a tableware tablespoon to spoon 2 tablespoons of sausage onto each tortilla, followed by 2 tablespoons egg mixture, topping with shredded cheddar.
- Roll up taco and place upside down on cookie sheet.
- When all are made, place cookie sheet in freezer until burritos are frozen, then wrap each one individually.
- Burritos can be warmed up in the microwave for breakfasts!