Recipe by Tish
Great to make ahead for a dinner party. Just like the old fashioned waldorf salad but freezable for a future occasion! Got this out of Freeze with Ease written in 1965. Prep time includes freezer time
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup pineapple juice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup crushed pineapple, well drained
- 1⁄2 cup broken walnuts or 1⁄2 cup pecans
- 2 apples, unpeeled and finely chopped
- 1 cup heavy cream, whipped
Directions See How It's Made
- In the top of a double broiler combine the eggs, sugar, pineapple juice, salt and lemon juice.
- Cook stirring constantly until thick.
- Cool and add celery, pineapple, nuts and apple.
- Gently fold in heavy cream.
- Freeze in one large or 12 individual molds.
- Serve frozen on lettuce.
- Garnish, if desired with mayonnaise.