Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I found this one day while waiting in the Dr's office in a small paper. I copied (really, I didn't tear it out) the recipe and made and froze it that evening. It was good to have when my girlfriends dropped over about lunchtime. I served it with an iced glass of tropical tea. We all three decided it would make a good fruit dessert also. I used the peach pie filling. Dh tried it that evening and even tho he usually doesn't care for fruity stuff, declared it a winner. I like it because it freezes and keeps well to have on hand for unexpected guest. Its also quick and easy to prepare. Prep time does not include the freezing time.
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (21 ounce) can peach pie filling or 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- 1 (15 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 2⁄3 cup chopped pecans or 2⁄3 cup walnuts
- 1 (8 ounce) container whipped topping
- In a large bowl, combine milk and pie filling.
- Add oranges, pineaple and nuts.
- Gently fold in whipped topping.
- Spread in a 9x13" pan, cover and freeze.
- Remove from freezer 15min before serving.
- Cut into squares and serve on a small plate on top of a lettuce leaf.
I just recently ate some of this and WOW. I didn't make it myself but the person who made it used cherry pie filling and pineapple only...no mandarin or nuts. They put them in a silicon muffin tin for portion size and to prevent from having to cut it. I loved it!
I made this the other day, and have to say it is delicious. My mom used to make a frozen fruit salad in the 50's and 60's, and this is every bit as good, and much easier. Make sure that you freeze it at least overnight, as it takes awhile to freeze. My new fav. frozen salad. Will be great for Easter with the ham. birdsnest
Very good. I made up this recipe and put it into the freezer. I pulled it out when I needed a dessert. That was great not to have to worry about what to serve. It is light and has a wonderful flavor (I used cherry pie filling)It was loved by all. Thank-you for this wonderful recipe.