Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is one of my mother-in-laws recipes. It is a really good refreshing summer snack. It is also popular at baby and bridal showers.
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups sugar
- 6 tablespoons lemon juice
- 20 ounces crushed pineapple, do not drain
- 3 oranges, peeled, sectioned, cut into small pieces
- 11 ounces mandarin oranges, drained
- 3 large ripe bananas, sliced
- 10 ounces frozen strawberries, thawed, do not drain
- 2 (12 ounce) cans ginger ale or 2 (12 ounce) cans Sprite
- Boil water and sugar.
- Combine cooled sugar water with fruit and lemon juice.
- Spoon into individual small plastic cups and cover with saran wrap.
- Place cups in freezer.
- Remove cups from freezer 1 hour before needed.
- 20 minutes before serving pour 3 tablespoons of ginger ale or Sprite over each cup.