Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is one of my mother-in-laws recipes. It is a really good refreshing summer snack. It is also popular at baby and bridal showers.
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups sugar
- 6 tablespoons lemon juice
- 20 ounces crushed pineapple, do not drain
- 3 oranges, peeled, sectioned, cut into small pieces
- 11 ounces mandarin oranges, drained
- 3 large ripe bananas, sliced
- 10 ounces frozen strawberries, thawed, do not drain
- 2 (12 ounce) cans ginger ale or 2 (12 ounce) cans Sprite
- Boil water and sugar.
- Combine cooled sugar water with fruit and lemon juice.
- Spoon into individual small plastic cups and cover with saran wrap.
- Place cups in freezer.
- Remove cups from freezer 1 hour before needed.
- 20 minutes before serving pour 3 tablespoons of ginger ale or Sprite over each cup.
These are great! I skipped the gingerale and only had 8oz of pineapple chunks but used 16 oz of strawberries. I think the fruits can be changed around very easily with great results. We will be having these often! Thanks for sharing!
Wow! These were good. Had a birthday party to go to, and wanted to take something for me and anyone else who was watching what they ate, as I am on Weight Watchers, I chose this to try because it made a large batch to share. Have to tell u they were great! Being soo cold they took a while to eat which was good. I could pick it up have a bite put it down and go back. Stayed all day and I had 3 myself ha! Made another batch at home put them in freezer so now I can eat one in the evening. I did use diet soda(Sprite Zero) and I am going to try with spenda, but even with the sugar, by the calorie count on zaar nutrition facts they are only 1.5 points for WW. Thanx for great addition to my menu.